Learn how to sell cargo insurance to your customers
Magaya offers training to help you learn how to sell cargo insurance to your customers.
Why should your customers buy cargo insurance from you?
- The coverage in the policy offers ‘All Risk’ coverage against physical loss or damage to their cargo. This is the broadest type of coverage that the shipper can buy to protect their merchandise while it is in transit.
- Your office does everything – from confirming the insurance rate to issuing the insuring documents.
- You can easily secure all the insurance documents necessary in the event a claim is filed because you issued the documents
The benefits for you:
- Enjoy the revenue opportunities that cargo insurance can add to your company.
- Provide your customers with quality, comprehensive service by offering the broadest type of coverage, which is an added benefit to your customers who do not have their own cargo policy
- Save your customers time they would spend shopping around for insurance
- Set the CIF +10% and other charges right in your system so you have the costs of the cargo, the insurance, and the freight easily accessible. Then you know the costs of all aspects of the transaction, not just the cargo
Gain the assurance that comes from dealing with trusted sources, getting the best prices, and the ease of using your Magaya software for the process.
Sign up for training today and see how you can profit from adding cargo insurance to the services you offer your customers. Contact your Magaya Logistics Management Advisor or call us at 786-363-0500
Learn how to use the Magaya Insurance Portal
Magaya software users can purchase insurance for their customers’ cargo by using the state-of-the-art web application and a web service that is integrated with Magaya
software. We keep the process simple for you and your staff.
- You can save or print a policy or certificate as proof of insurance right from your Magaya system or the Magaya Insurance Portal.
- Request insurance certificates right from your Magaya system. No need to re-enter details such as cargo value – it is transferred from the shipment screen into the cargo insurance request screen.
- When you file the request, cargo insurance certificate is automatically attached to the House shipment as a PDF.
- All the charges for the insurance are integrated with your other shipment charges in your Magaya system, saving you time. Cost premiums and resale premiums are automatically calculated and the charges are automatically generated within your Magaya system
- If you need to insure cargo that is not in the list of approved commodities, apply for a “Special Project” right from your Magaya system. When the Special Project is approved, a notice is sent to you. You can also check the status by visiting the Magaya Cargo Insurance portal online at any time.
- Completely automated and available 24/7
- Create reports in the portal for shipments by day, week, month, etc.
Learn how to use the Magaya Cargo Insurance portal, how to configure it, how to automate the markup amount, view your financial information in the portal, and print originals or copies of insurance certificates and more.
The videos will show you how you can:
- Activate the feature in your Magaya system and automate your markup amount
- Verify shipment status, view policy details, and more in the Magaya Cargo Insurance online portal
- Purchase cargo insurance certificates for commodities, including Special Projects, right in your Magaya system